Coaching – Level 1
- Community Coach
These units provide credit towards SIS20513 Certificate II in Sport Coaching and SIS30713 Certificate III in Sport Coaching.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|SISSSCO101||Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices|
|SISSSCO202||Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills|
|SISSSDE201||Communicate effectively with others in a sport environment|
- Workplace-based training
- Distance (correspondence)
- Self – paced learning
- Training workshops in small groups
- Off-the-job training
- On-the-job training
- Combined options of training delivery.
Training methods are selected to best achieve the required elements of competence while giving full consideration to the learning style of the participants. The provision of training may include a flexible combination of any of the above. Students studying at home have access to training via email or phone.
- Questions and answers
- Panel of workplace presenters/personal trainers
- Role plays
- Written and/or oral examinations
- Projects and case studies
- Third party report
- Practical demonstration and assessment
Students may be entitled to a credit transfer in the following circumstances:
- Completed units of competency from a relevant National Training Package.
- Approved units of competency from a National Training Product.
- Successful RPL application
|Four Days (please note that all days will have practical coaching sessions)|
|Day||Unit Code||Unit Name|
|1.||SISSSCO101||Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices|
|2.||SISSSCO202||Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills|
|3.||SISSSDE201||Communicate effectively with others in a sport environment|